On Saturday, March 28 Governor Mike DeWine signed House Bill 197 which extends voting by mail for the primary from March 17 to April 28.
Here is the process for what this extension will looks like:
- Secretary of State Frank LaRose will send every eligible elector in the state a postcard notifying the voter of the process to attain an absentee ballot application.
- Absentee ballot applications must be received by April 25 at noon.
- You can download an electronic copy of the absentee ballot application at https://www.ohiosos.gov/elections/voters/absentee-ballot/.
- Your county board of elections will mail you your absentee ballot.
- Your absentee ballot must be received by your county board of elections by 7:30 p.m. on April 28, unless postmarked on or before April 27.
- If you have any questions on voting by absentee ballot, reach out to your local board of elections or Secretary of State Frank LaRose’s office, 211 S 5th St, Columbus, OH 43215, or call (330) 349-2764.
- For candidates and county parties, Post-Primary Campaign Finance Reports are now due on June 5, 2020.