By Francis Russ
Cincinnati Public Schools
Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) students will begin phasing most students into a blended learning model, which includes in-person instruction on Monday, October 12, per a decision made October 5 at the CPS Board of Education.
CPS will transition students back to the classroom as follows:
The week of October 12
- Preschool and specialized classrooms return — Monday distance, Tuesday-Friday in person
- Grades K-2; Montessori 3rd Grade — Monday distance, A group in person Tuesday/Wednesday, B group in person Thursday/Friday
- Grades 7-8 — Monday distance, A group in person Tuesday/Wedensday, B group in person Thursday/Friday
The week of October 19
- Grades 3-6 — Monday distance, A group in person Tuesday/Wednesday, B group in person Thursday/Friday
- Grades 9-12 — Monday distance, A group in person Tuesday/Wednesday, B group in person Thursday/Friday
Walnut Hills High School will remain in five-days per week distance learning due to safety concerns associated with high enrollment and small classroom sizes.
CPS is evaluating an option that would allow students to continue in the distance model from their current school. Parents will receive a commitment form from their school and those who are interested in this option are asked to return the form by the end of the week. These students will be provided with alternatives to in-person learning beginning Oct. 12.
Enrollment remains open at Cincinnati Digital Academy.
Going forward, CPS will use additional flexibility and allow for either blended or distance learning when Hamilton County is in red status according to the state of Ohio Public Health Advisory System. This will allow for additional analysis of community health data to determine the safety risk associated with in-person learning.
Parents and guardians can find more information by visiting www.cps- k12.org/news/backtoschool, calling the customer care hotline: 513-363-0123 or following CPS’ Facebook (@CincinnatiPublicSchools), Twitter (@IamCPS) and Instagram (@IamCPS) channels.