The Kenwood Theatre encourages cinemagoers to come back to one of their favorite pastimes…going to the movies, by hosting a re-opening celebration featuring a week of FREE MOVIES. Beginning this FRIDAY, APRIL 23RD through THURSDAY, APRIL 30TH, patrons can visit the Kenwood Theatre for a selection of repertory film favorites at no cost. Tickets will be available on a first come, first served basis.
The Kenwood Theatre has implemented policies to keep our patrons safe and healthy. In addition to specialized Covid cleaning protocols, masks are required while moving in all public spaces (masks are provided, if needed), hand sanitizer/alcohol wipes are available; and, social distancing practices include seating in every other row and limiting parties to seating with three-seat spacing. Full Coronavirus safety procedures can be found on our website.
The Kenwood Theatre offers full concessions, including specialty snacks and alcoholic beverages – don’t forget to grab a take-home mega bag of the “Best Popcorn in Town!” Our free movie week at the Kenwood, along with our distinctively featured programming at both the Esquire Theatre and Mariemont Theatre (both open daily) is a continual reminder to Cincinnati moviegoers to #SupportLocal; and, we are excited to welcome guests back to the Kenwood Theatre – viewing films the way they were meant to be seen – on the big screen. Visit us online at KenwoodTheatre.com for our free movie week showtimes* and information.
*tickets for free movie week are not available online – must be purchased at theatre box office Exclusively at the Kenwood Theater – Film Favorites / Free Movie Slate:
• THE GOONIES (Rated PG): A band of adventurous kids take on the might of a property developing company which plans to destroy their home to build a country club. When the kids discover an old pirate map, they follow it into an underground cavern in search of lost treasure but come up against plenty of dangerous obstacles along the way.
• THE LEGO MOVIE (Rated PG): Emmet, an ordinary LEGO figurine who always follows the rules, is mistakenly identified as the key to saving the world. He finds himself drafted into a fellowship of strangers on a mission to stop an evil tyrant’s plans to conquer the world. Emmet, may be hopelessly unprepared, but he’ll give it his all nonetheless.
• ANNABELLE (Rated R): John thinks he’s found the perfect gift for his expectant wife: a vintage doll in a beautiful white dress. However, the couple’s delight doesn’t last. One terrible night, devil worshippers invade their home and launch a violent attack while trying to summon a demon, turning the former object of beauty into a conduit for ultimate evil.
• CRAZY RICH ASIANS (Rated PG-13): Rachel is happy to accompany her boyfriend, Nick, to his best friend’s Singapore wedding. She’s quickly learns that his family is extremely wealthy and Nick’s considered one of the country’s most eligible bachelors. Rachel must now contend with jealous socialites, quirky relatives and Nick’s disapproving mother.
• TWISTER (Rated PG-13): During the approach of the most powerful storm in decades, university professor Dr. Jo Harding (Helen Hunt) and an underfunded team of students prepare the prototype for a ground-breaking tornado data gathering device named Dorothy, conceived by her estranged husband, Bill (Bill Paxton). When Harding tells Bill that Dorothy is ready for testing, Bill rejoins the team for one last mission.