Coming to the Taft Theatre this December
By Kelly Holtgrefe
The children’s Theatre
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s 2021-2022 MainStage Season kicks off with ELF THE MUSICAL JR. at the Taft Theatre December 4-12, 2021. Tickets are on sale now.
Masks are require for ALL ticketholders age 2+, regardless of vaccination status. All patrons ages 12+ must provide proof of *full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result administered within 72 hours of show start time. A negative rapid antigen test administered within 24 hours will also be accepted.
o This rule applies to teachers and chaperones during our daytime school performances as well as at all public shows.
o To enter the theater, please bring a **photo ID and one of the following:
• Original vaccine card or test result
• Photograph or copy of vaccine card or test result
• Photograph of vaccine card or test result stored on your electronic device
Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.
Showtimes for ELF THE MUSICAL JR. include:
• Saturday, December 4 at 2 PM (this performance is signed for the hearing impaired)
• Saturday, December 4 at 5 PM
• Sunday, December 5 at 2 PM
• Friday, December 10 at 7 PM
• Saturday, December 11 at 11 AM
• Saturday, December 11 at 2 PM
• Sunday, December 12 at 2 PM
The shows are performed in the historic Taft Theatre, at 5th and Sycamore Streets in Downtown Cincinnati. Tickets start at $10. Visit thechildrenstheatre.com for tickets or visit the TCT Box Office at 4015 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227, Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM to purchase tickets in person.