Great Parks Rangers will partner with other law enforcement agencies, first responders, and local organizations from throughout Hamilton County to host National Night Out, a free, fun evening to promote police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie. National Night Out festivities are scheduled from 6-8 p.m. on Thursday, August 18, at Winton Woods Harbor, 801 Lakeview Dr.
National Night Out activities take place nationwide in August as a campaign to bring law enforcement and local residents closer together. Established in 1984, National Night Out now welcomes millions of people for events in all U.S. states, territories and military bases each summer.
This year’s National Night Out celebration at Winton Woods Harbor will be packed with fun sights and activities, some of which include:
- Great Parks Ranger Department with drunk goggle course and dunk tank
- Great Parks animal ambassadors
- Music from the Hamilton County Police Association “Most Wanted” band
- The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office helicopter
- UC Health Air Care & Mobile Stroke Unit vehicle
- Metro bus
- K9 unit demonstrations
- Norwood’s historic fire engine and other first responder vehicles
- Bomb squad, SWAT, underwater search and recovery, and urban search and rescue teams
- Free food and dessert
A Great Parks motor vehicle permit will not be required for this event.