1. Take time to engage the “nose” also known as the bouquet of a wine. The smell is equally important as the taste.
2. Be sure to observe the wine’s color by using a solid white background as a contrast.
3. The term “light strike” refers to direct sunlight penetrating the bottle and causing irreparable damage.
4. Allow wine to breath before consumption and the wine will release all its beauty. This is especially true for red and older wines.
5. Try not to drink the same wines repeatedly, instead try new wines at every turn. Create a mental portfolio of great wines to share with friends and co-workers.